Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mental Health Awareness

I just wanted to take a minute and talk about something that isn't talked about enough.  It is an issue that 1 in 5 Canadians deal with, either personally or through a family member or a friend.  This issue is Mental Health.  There are many types of Mental Health issues. Depression, Bi-polar, Schizophrenia, Phobia's, Anxiety, Autism, Alzheimer's, Borderline Personality Disorder and other Personality Disorders, Factitious Disorders such as Munchhausen Syndrome, and many others.

I'm hoping throughout the month of May to help bring awareness to all types of Mental Health.  Personally, it has been a big part of my life although it is not the only part of my life.



Through it all though, I have learned I have strength, I have faith, I am a survivor, and I have hope.  I didn't always believe these things.  I'll probably have times again when I struggle to see them...but they are always things that will be a part of me now and forever.

0 comments: