Monday, January 9, 2012

Curiousity

Just questioning out loud:

Why is it when you are female and you tell someone you shaved your head, they assume you're mentally ill?!?!   Okay, so I do have a history of mental illness, and I did do a sorta botched job at shaving my head...awaiting some clippers to finished the job tomorrow... but I swear I'm fine.  This was not impulse, it was something I've wanted to do for 15 years...and just finally had the guts to do it.  I am a little bit thrilled and a little bit mortified... I'm sure I'll have a more solid reaction when I don't look like a patch-work quilt met with a weed whacker.  It's hair.  It'll grow back.  Still I'm nearly 30 and cannot bring myself to face the general public or my parents.  My mom would die.  And maybe, knowing that, a small part of me is dying too... or maybe I just did it to spite her.  I dunno.  I love my mom but really I think there's only so many things you can be told not to do before you start doing them anyway.


And no, don't ask for pictures... at least not yet...  I never liked putting pictures up before... that's not going to change now.  The one above will have to do.  LOL

1 comments:

~*Connie*~ said...

Yup, Once again I am late to the party, but I hope you don't mind my commenting on this older post of yours.

I say good for you! if it is something you have always wanted to do, or something you have wanted to do for a while and you did it even though you know it is against convention, then I am proud for you! I've always wanted to put a colored streak in my hair, something bold, but I hate being the center of attention, and I know that for a while at least there would be no avoiding that. Maybe one day, but I'm not ready yet. So good for you for taking that leap!