Thursday, December 29, 2011

Litter Locker II Review

*update 27/06/2012 - I can't imagine not having this now...it helps so much*

As mentioned in my previous post I purchased a Litter Locker II and said I planned to do a review on it.  Now that I've had time to use it and the Christmas holiday festivities have started to slow down I actually have a chance to write it.


Overall I am happy with the Litter Locker II.  I did find out that $10 is a pretty common sale price for this item so maybe the deal wasn't as good as I thought but either way for $10 it's not bad.  It's easy to assemble, the picture directions are very clear, and I had no trouble or confusion in that area.  I would like to see it offered in different colours as with a black cat I find that her fur static clings to it and is very noticeable.




There are a couple things I would change personally but it's more just cosmetic.  I would like if it had a foot step to open the lid instead of the lift top...but it's not really a big deal.  One thing I did notice though, is that if the litter box is particularly full there's not enough room in the compartment for all the litter clumps so if you have more then one kitty I'd recommend cleaning your litter at least twice a day.  I have one kitty and change litter usually every day and occasionally run into that issues.

Overall, I am happy with the product and it does keep things smelling better as I only smell the poop when it's in the litter box, not once it's in the locker (unless you lift the lid just after pulling out the handle).  

I just realized I don't have a picture of the Litter Locker II assembled, sorry about that.  In the picture above you can see everything that it comes with.  The instructions at the very bottom of the picture.  You can see the scoop on the left and beside that is a nifty little pocket that attaches to the Litter Locker II to put the scoop in.  You can put it on either side so whatever is more convenient for you.  On the top of the Litter Locker II is the one of the main parts of the device.  It contains the "bag" that the litter goes into.  I haven't had to buy a refill yet but they seem to be around the $10 mark as well.

Overall it is a good product and I am happy with it and if you live in a small apartment like me it is great.  I used to hate opening the garbage bin in the bathroom to put the stinky litter in because it always reminded me of a diaper pail full of dirty diapers and that smell would go through the apartment.  This eliminates that.  Now if only I could find a solution to the stinky fresh poo right after my cat goes to the litter and before it goes into the Litter Locker II I'd be all set.

In case you'd like to find out more about it, see more reviews, and pictures on how it actually works, here is a link to their website www.litterlocker.com

0 comments: