Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fostering

I've been wanting to have a pet of my own for quite some time now but I'm still not ready to make the long term commitment of being owned by a cat, and to be honest, in some ways I'd rather a dog but the apartment I rent is cat friendly, no dogs allowed. I somehow came across an organization a little over a week ago and seeing they are in urgent need of fosters and adopters I inquired further on both. I was interested in both options but was (and still am a little) afraid of the part when I have to let my foster baby go. I know it will both break my heart and make me happy at the same time.

Anyway, I was left to ponder on it a few days and then received a call seeing if by chance I'd be interested in fostering one that they had at the vet and no home for it to go to. I couldn't stand the thought of it not having a home and decided I'd jump in and try out this fostering thing. I'm in love.


This is Miss Ebony Rose (fancy way of saying Black Rose).  She is such a great little (approx) 5 month old girl.  I love having her around.  And I'm so glad I decided to open my home to her.  Yeah, I'm gonna probably cry a little when she leaves here but that's okay.  I can always open my home again to another one or I can decide not to.

If you've ever contemplated fostering, or are just thinking about it for the first time, and you are in a position to do so I highly recommend it.  Cat's only need a small room, in my case I'm in a small bachelor apartment, and I was worried that it wouldn't be enough space...but keep in mind, cats in shelters often end up in small cages so even if can only offer a spare room, a warm porch, etc it is fine.  All ya gotta do is make sure they have food, keep their litter clean (if you clean it once or twice a day it's really not so bad), and socialize with them...play, cuddle, whatever.  Ebony likes being near me when I'm on the computer.  She likes to play and can keep herself entertained but I play with her as well.  Anyway, Ebony and I should be heading for bed...it's quite late here.


Looks like she beat me there...okay so this picture was from the first full day I had her here.  You can see that her belly is shaved from having her surgery so can't have any babies.  Such a precious gal...you'd think so too if you met her, if you don't already.  Anyhow goodnight my blog world friends. Goodnight.  From this very happy and tired foster mommy to a fur baby.  :)

0 comments: