Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's Not What It Appears

It appears I've been in a blogging funk and in reality I guess I have.  I have never forgotten though.  I'm still around, lurking, reading, thinking.  I just haven't had really anything that I felt compelled to share. 

I'm in a time of transition.  I'm moving this week.  In fact, most of my belongings have already moved.  I'm laying on a piece of foam with a comforter over it...my bed for the next few nights.  I'm not moving far, but where I am moving is already furnished, so all my items had to be moved into storage...at my parents.  I fear they may decide to charge me a storage fee.  I hope they let me pay them in hugs.  :)

This move is bittersweet but I know God is in control and this is part of His plans.  I'm going to miss being right in the city...well, at least the convenience of it all.  My roommate of the last two years is already moved out.  I miss her.  I know I'll like my new roommate though too.  She is a wonderful lady from my church, I'm also friends with her daughter.  It's in the same city...sort of.  It's kind of it's own little town but the way our city here is all of these towns and communities are all under one big amalgamated city.  I'm going to miss the convenience of walking out my door and catching a bus without having to plan around it's schedule.  I'm going to be bound by the schedule of the bus after I move.  Maybe though, that will help me to plan more All Day trips and be more adventurous when I am in the city for appointments.  I'll become slightly less spoiled too.  :P

Lots of changes upcoming.  Lots of transitioning to do.  Lots of emotions.  Lots of trying to have faith and trust.  I know this is what He has planned as it's the only door that has remained open while others kept closing.  I feel in some ways, because my stuff is being packed up and going back to my parents, like I am going to end up moving into a shelter.  I've done it before.  I know that's not the case but that's what I'm reminded of.  It's a hard reality but not one of regret.  I'm thankful for every experience no matter how rough the journey has been. 

Anyway, lots of good, little bits of not-so-much good....but I am hopeful.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Hi there, found your blog thru the ns bloggers infomonkey site. Can you help me? I have successfully inserted the blogger button on my blog but I can't figure out how to link it up to the infomonkey site. How do you learn how to do all of this stuff? Your blog is set up pretty nicely.

FoundProdigalDaughter said...

Hi Renee, thank you so much. Did you figure out how to get the button to link to the site?

I think when you are logged in you go to view blog and scroll to were the button is on your blog. There should be a little image near the bottom right that looks like a couple tools and if you hover over it it should say "edit"...click that. A screen should pop up that says Configure Image...were it says Link copy and paste http://halifax.infomonkey.net/other-local-blogs/ into the space there. Hopefully that works. Let me know if you need any more help...it's been awhile since I've set things up here so may need to play around a bit to figure it out...but will gladly help if I can.

Take care. :)