Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday




Wow, it's already Thursday again.  When did that happen?  lol  Guess that means I need to think of a few things I'm thankful for.  January 21, 2010...like seriously...wasn't it just 2000 like a month ago?  LOL.  How did 10 years go by.

  • I'm thankful for parents who are willing to do whatever they can to help me get out of a stressful situation
  • I'm thankful for family, both immediate and extended...and that includes my "adopted" family (close friends) and all the family furkids. 
  • I'm thankful that my parents wanted to drive me back to my apartment tonight so I didn't have to bus in the cold
  • I'm thankful for a roof over my head (even if this apartment seems to be falling apart)
  • I'm thankful for phone, internet, and tv...these things really are luxuries when you look at some of the rest of the world
  • I'm thankful for prayer and a God that listens
  • I'm thankful for live music...K and her friend M had a jam session last night...that means I get to listen to live music right in my living room...it was awesome
  • I'm thankful for access to clean water and healthy food (even if I don't always choose the healthy options)
Truth be told I had a bit of a hard day today.  Had an appointment with the bank to look at whether or not a loan is possible....she looked at my income and asked if I was serious, if that was really my income, and said she doesn't know how I do it.  It was hard to look at the cold hard numbers, kinda depressing really, but still I'm thankful that I have any income at all.  God truly does provide our necessities and I guess I'm going to have to continue to trust that He's got a plan and things will work out in His time.  So hard though when we live in a world were so much revolves around money.  I'm not complaining though...just venting a little frustration.  I know things could be so much worse.



* I can't take credit for either photo, they're both from the internet. If you're the owner and would like credit or for me to remove them just let me know.  

1 comments:

The Queen of Clearance. said...

It's good to remind your self of what you are thankful for! And nothings perfect, so its ok if you are a little down about your money situation, at least you are looking at the good side and not being neg. Hang in there.