Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Little Inspiration and an Easy Christmas Craft

I'm having a hard time these days and coming up with anything to blog about hasn't been at the top of my priorities.

I wanted to take time though to share a couple pics.  One is from the calendar hanging in my bedroom:


give thanks for all that is good - kindness, patience, trust, laughter

It reminds me to be thankful no matter what, in all circumstances, good and bad and to praise the Lord anyhow.  But boy, oh boy, that sure isn't easy some days.  Sometimes the best I can do is thank Him that I'm not where I was this time last year...but I still catch myself grumbling about how awful *this* (depression) feels.  I'm trying to stay positive though.

The craft I mentioned is a really simple one.  My sister used to make them and I used to be fascinated with them when I was little.  They are Candy Cane Reindeer.




You can find a tutorial with a quick google search for candy cane reindeer or just click here.  You'll see that I did the antlers different the pretty any of the tutorials you can find...but it's simple.  Just put the pipe cleaner on the reindeer...make sure the candy cane is in the middle, then twist the pipe cleaner a couple times to make sure it will stay put and each "antler" around a pen and remove the pen.  Also, a lot of tutorials recommend hot glue...I just use regular white glue.  You do have to watch though...sometimes the eyes will start to slide or the nose will fall off.  Once they've stayed put for about 30-60 seconds they usually are okay.

Hopefully that made a little sense but I'm thinking the picture should be fairly self explanatory.  Sadly, this is one of the few things I'm managing to accomplish these days and at times it's even a struggle to do these but at least I'm working at it.  That's more then I could say last year.


0 comments: