Friday, August 7, 2009

Just an Update on My Life's Journey

I know none of you know my history yet, or at least not much of it...but I'm going to copy and paste something I wrote tonight in another forum that has been following me for months. It's an update to let them know how I'm doing. I will take out a few parts that don't apply to here but otherwise leave it intact, if you see anything in a [ ] it will be something I added specifically for here.

~~~

Hi, just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've been doing really well the last little while, Praise God, probably the best I have in years (10+ years)...not saying I'm not going to have struggles anymore but saying that the Lord is really blessing me this summer with a new outlook, increasing abilities and energy, increasing interest, motivation and I'm excited, truly excited, to be able to be enjoying things.

My relationship with the Lord is still a work in progress, and always will be...as is any relationship. My relationship with the Lord is similar to many human relationships I have in the fact that in most cases I will be all out and doing everything I can and trying to spend all this time with the individual, and then I get overwhelmed and pull away. I'm working on this with His help and I know He's with me every step of the way on this journey...and a journey it sure is. It's just going to take time but I'm on the right path right now I think.

I'm not on the computer nearly so much anymore and am having a bit of a challenge learning to balance getting things done in the day with computer time and household responsibilities so until I get it figured out a little better I won't be around much at all. [I do plan to continue blogging, just not sure what direction it's going to take yet.]

The computer was a blessing for me for a season but now it's time to transition and change and focus on other things. But being able to have my various internet friends over the last 10+ years has been a huge blessing and encouragement (and at times a source of frustration but we won't focus on that) and also a distraction from all the pain and things I wasn't ready to learn how to deal with. [I look forward to many more years with internet friends, just in balance now with everyday living and adventures.]

I'm kind of rambling a bit...I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I'm just really excited to see what going to happen over the next few weeks as the transition continues...what does the Lord have in store for me?! I have some ideas, but only He really knows and it will all be revealed in His perfect timing.

Oh...I saw the most amazing rainbow tonight! I didn't know what my friend who I share an apartment with was so excited over and then looked out the window! Wow! The brightest, biggest, fullest rainbow either of us has ever seen. We could see from end to end. God knew we both needed to see that today, for different reasons, His promise. I believe good things are ahead. :)

2 comments:

The Queen of Clearance said...

I think its nice that you are trying so hard to be a follower of christ. I resepect people a lot for trying to better their lives, and be better people. I think you are doing a great job of searching your soul and you heart. I believe good things are a head too.

FoundProdigalDaughter said...

Thanks :)