Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blog Surfing and Art

While reading some of my favorite blogs tonight I came across a neat little application/program. It's called Wordle. Check it out.

I provided a link to my previous blog to see what the image would look like. Here it is:



Something else I've recently discovered is fractal art. It's a type of art using mathematical formula's and it's really interesting. I used a program that already had formula's so I could just play around. Here is a site which tells more about fractal art and has links to some programs you can download if you wish to try it out yourself. The cool thing is these patterns occur in nature, in Creation, naturally. Isn't God an amazing artist! If you get a chance to a google search for fractal art nature images, I'm sure you'll be impressed!

Here is an example of the art I created:




The program saves the images as .bmp files so I had to convert it to .jpg and it's lost a little bit of detail...but you get the idea. I have no idea what mathematical equations I used to get this, I was just playing around but I love the result. It makes me think of wind, earth, water, and fire, but also of an unconditional love and acceptance. I've called it Love Unconditional. I think of it as a representation of God's love for us, His children.

1 comments:

SweetDollFace79 said...

OHMIGOSH!!!!
YOU'RE AN ARTIST TOO!!!!
I LOVE IT.
THE COLORS, THE SPECTRUM, IT MAKES ME THINK OF THE ELEMENTS TOO. IM SOOO LOVING THIS.